Terms & Conditions
1. Latta International Ltd (“we,” “us,” or “our”) is the owner and operator of the services and website at www.lattainterntional.cn (“the Website”).
2. Use of the Website by anyone (“you” or “your”) is subject strictly to these terms and conditions (“the Terms”)
3. You agree that by using, or continuing to use, our services or Website you agree unreservedly to the Terms.
4. The Terms may be updated at any time by us without notice to you.
5. You warrant that you are (1) at least eighteen (18) years of age and (2) entitled in law to enter into a contract subject to the Terms.
6. The laws of Scotland apply for all purposes to the ownership and operation of the Website. The Terms are governed by such law and all disputes in relation to the Terms shall be litigated exclusively in either the Court of Session in Edinburgh or the appropriate local Sheriff Court in Scotland.
7. The Website provides general information related to immigration and law in the United Kingdom (“UK”). Immigration issues and law are, by their very nature, exceptionally complex and fast moving. You must not rely on the general information on the Website for any immigration or legal purposes without first seeking appropriate legal advice. Neither we nor our sister company, Latta Law Limited, take any responsibility for any reliance placed on the general information provided on the Website.
8. We are not a part of or associated in any material way with the UK Home Office or any other agency or department of the UK Government; nor any commercial partner of the UK Home Office.
9. We are not a law firm and neither we nor any of our employees or representatives provide legal services or legal advice. Any details given are purely general and do not constitute legal advice in any manner. Further, use of the Website does not create any relationship to the same effect as that between a lawyer and client. Any requests for legal services or legal advice from us will be referred to our sister company, Latta Law Limited, a firm of Scottish solicitors which is regulated by the Law Society of Scotland. They have their own terms of business, a copy of which will be provided should their services be engaged.
10. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the legal or other consequences resulting from your use of the Website. If you have specific or unique problems which are complex or require legal advice, please consult with and obtain legal advice from a qualified lawyer. Any requests for legal services or legal advice from us will be referred to our sister company, Latta Law Limited, a firm of Scottish solicitors which is regulated by the Law Society of Scotland. They have their own terms of business, a copy of which will be provided should their services be engaged.
11. Your use of information and forms on the Website is solely at your own risk. We do not guarantee that all of the government forms or information on the Website are correct, complete and/or up to date.
Pricing and Fees
12. Prices provided to you are the fees which are payable for the time being to us, for your use of our services. Additional processing and filing fees (if any, “the Government Fees”) are payable either to the Home Office, any partner visa organisations or to other UK Government agencies, as determined by the circumstances. The Governmental Fees are not included in the price for our services identified on the Website. You must pay the Government Fees separately at the time of the submission of your respective application. Any referred work for legal advice and/or services to Latta Law Limited will be subject to a fee agreed with Latta Law Limited.
13. Upon instruction of us or, where appropriate, Latta Law Limited, you will be provided with a fee quote and estimate on timescale required. Upon payment of our fee, we will begin the work or referral required. Delay in payment will result in delay in work being completed. Note that in certain circumstances, the agreed work may take longer – you will be advised where that is the case. We reserve the right to modify any agreed fee where matters take longer or become more complex. You will be notified of this prior to the change in fee. If you do not agree then you will be charged for all work done to that point.
Access to our Services and the Website
14. We reserve the right to terminate or deny your access to the Website at any time at our absolute and sole discretion.
15. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Website and utilise the Service for only your own personal use of the Service. You are not granted by the Terms or your use of the Website or otherwise in any way any right or licence in or to any intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to us or any third party and used on or in relation to the Website and/or its content. You are not entitled to copy or reproduce any aspects of the Website or any documentation provided to you without our express written permission.
16. Without prejudice to any other relief against you for unlawful conduct, a breach in any way by you of any of the Terms shall result in the automatic termination, without notice to you, of your licence to access the Website and utilise our services. Any fee paid would be forfeit.
17. You agree not to attempt in any way to use the Website after any termination or denial of access by us.
18. You are responsible for verifying the status and veracity of any information or details that you provide to us. You agree to review any correspondence with us, either written or oral, prior to sending to ensure that the relevant details are accurate. We take no responsibility for any additional cost or problems that may arise due to incomplete or incorrect information provided to us. You warrant that any information you provide to us is true.
19. Should you use our services, we do not guarantee the acceptance of your application by the Home Office for any reason. This also applies where the services of Latta Law Limited are used for legal advice in your case.
Restrictions on Use of the Website
20. You may browse the Website and view certain of its content without registering. However, we reserve the right to refuse access in our absolute and sole discretion.
21. You expressly agree that your use of the Website and our services is at your sole risk. We do not warrant that the Website or our services are free of error, viruses or other harmful components.
22. In connection with your use of the Website, you will not do any of the following:-
a. download, modify, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the Website or any part thereof, or attempt to access any of our systems, programs or data which are not made available for public use;
b. circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features which prevent or restrict use or copying of any part of the Website or its contents, or enforce limitations on use of the Website or its content;
c. transmit any software or other materials which contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
d. use any data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction methods within the Website or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents;
e. modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Website;
f. use any meta tags or any other ‘hidden text’ utilising the name “Latta International”, “Latta Law Limited” or any substantially or confusingly similar name;
g. take any action which imposes or may impose (in our absolute and sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers) infrastructure;
h. ‘frame’ or ‘mirror’ any part of the Website;
i. engage in spamming or flooding;
j. use the Website or Materials for any unlawful purpose; and
k. make any resale, derivative or commercial use of the Website or any of its content.
Links to Third Party Websites
23. The Website may contain links to other websites. We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in, or the products or services provided or sold by, any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk and you acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of any content, information, data, advertising, products, services, or materials on or available through such websites, and your access to and use of such websites is subject to the terms and conditions of use applicable to such websites. You agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with such third party website(s).
24. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Website or our services including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages. To the extent that liability cannot be excluded, the liability of Latta International Limited is limited to the fee agreed.
Limitations on the Service
25. We shall not be liable to you or to any third party in any way for any limitation, modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, the Service and/or any part thereof.
26. Neither we nor Latta Law Limited (where used) are not responsible for any rejection by the Home Office for any reason whatsoever (including delivery requirements and/or appropriateness of your immigration application form, and/or your underlying ineligibility).
27. All right, title and interest in and to all the Website and content thereof (excluding any Home Office forms and documents), are owned either by us or by third party authors, developers, or vendors who have licensed the same to us. You have no right to use, copy, distribute or otherwise amend same without our express written consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties
28. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we give no warranties or guarantees of any sort and have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation to the Website and/or the contents thereof and/or the Service and/or any other products or services which we supply to you, and/or your use of the Website and/or the Service.
Limitations of Liability
29. To the fullest extent allowed by law under no circumstances whatsoever shall any of us, our officers, directors, employees or agents, or any other person connected with or affiliated to us, be liable to you or any third party:
- under any contract, common law duty of care, statutory duty or any other cause of action (whether known or unknown at relevant times) arising out of or relating in any way to the Website or the Service or any other services or products supplied by us or on our behalf;
- for any loss or damages of whatsoever nature and howsoever suffered by you and howsoever arising.
30. To the fullest extent allowed by law, and without prejudice to the foregoing, your sole and exclusive remedy and our absolute liability in connection with any claim by you of whatsoever nature arising out of or relating in any way to the Website or the Service or any other services or products supplied by us or on our behalf, shall be strictly limited to the price paid by you directly to us in connection with the respective transaction (if any) which is central to the respective claim.
31. We will rely on information, documentation and details provided by you. If the information provided by you is inaccurate, incomplete or wrong in any manner, we take no liability for any loss which may follow as a result of same.
32. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold any of us, our officers, directors, employees or agents, or any other person connected with or affiliated to us (including any officer, director, employee or agent of Latta Law Limited), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service and/or the Website, or your breach of the Terms.
Enforcement of Rules and Policies
33. We may (1) investigate fully any reported breach of the Terms or other complaints, and (2) take any action which we deem, in our absolute and sole discretion, to be appropriate. For the avoidance of doubt we are not obligated to take any such action.
Contact With Us
34. You consent to communicating with us electronically via email or through other electronic means such as Viber, Whatsapp and Weechat where such contact details are provided. We will attempt to respond to all communications received within two working days – however no guarantee or warranty is provided in this regard. We reserve the right not to respond to any communication with us that has not been received through a contact medium not provided to us by you.
35. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Website and our services, superseding any prior agreements between you and us. Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms do not limit any rights that we may have under trade secret, copyright, patent or other laws. Our employees are not authorised to make modifications to the Terms, or to make any additional representations, commitments, or warranties binding on us, except in a writing signed by one of our authorised officers. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
36. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Website and/or the Service and/or to the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. You also agree that the Terms shall not be construed against the drafting party, i.e. us.
37. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest standards of service. Should you have any complaints, we will process through our complaints handling procedure, This is designed to ensure that any concerns are treated seriously and addressed promptly and fairly. We aim to offer a response to any complaint within 28 days of receiving same. Please note that if Latta Law Limited are used in any part of your case, a separate complaints handling procedure will apply as governed by the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission and the Law Society of Scotland.